Today's Harris Market is a culmination of one family's desire to live their dream, becoming successful doing something you love. Oldest son Jimmy Harris III has inherited more than just the business, but also the desire for succeeding in doing what he enjoys. A retired Master Sergeant in the United States Army, Jimmy and his wife Chin min, have molded the establishment into their own vision. Serving the freshest fruits, vegetables and locally-grown flowers in town.
through the years...
From local butcher and fish market, full grocery and gas station, to a retail produce market and seasonal garden center, Harris Market has evolved over the past 55 years. Surviving as a small local business, evolution must be constant, adapting to the demands of the community that supports it. Change is inevitable, but the commitment to customer service and satisfaction remains the same and will continue for years to come.
In 1957 Jim Harris was a grocery clerk at one of many corner stores in town, Mrs. Annie Godfrey's, selling everything from gas to medicine. Working to support his growing family Jim knew one day he could make a name for himself doing what he loved. In 1958 that chance appeared, and though he didn't have the money, he had the support of a few good men. With their help and funding he purchased Mrs. Annie Godfrey's store and began his dream.